The Third Sector is widely recognized as playing a significant role in policy and service governance, development and social justice in Australia and New Zealand.
The ANZTSR is at the forefront of advancing knowledge about the third sector as it supports, encourages and disseminates research from scholars and practitioner researchers in Australia and New Zealand. Membership in ANZTSR is the best way for researchers and practitioners to keep abreast of changes and participate in a dialogue with others with similar and complementary interests.
ANZTSR is not only an indispensable professional asset for scholars and practitioner researchers – it also promotes positive social change through the exchange of ideas and through associational solidarity.
Your membership is vital to the continuing growth of Third Sector research.
The mission of ANZTSR is to become a crucial hub in the network of Australian and New Zealand third sector researchers.
In doing so, it will demonstrate the strengths of interdisciplinary research by becoming a supporter, repository, producer and disseminator of research in the field of third sector research.
To achieve our mission, we will:
- Provide a forum for third sector researchers to engage, learn and share expertise and experience with their peers
- Publish the Third Sector Review, the flagship Australasian refereed academic journal for cross-disciplinary research in the field
- Support and develop early career academic and practitioner researchers by encouraging mentorship and collaboration among our members
- Strengthen the understanding of the integral role the third sector plays in Australia and New Zealand across its many domains, including philanthropy, social welfare, social enterprise, health, disability, environment, culture and community development
- Build links with international peer organisations, to support the contribution of third sector researchers from Australia and New Zealand to the global ecosystem of research in the field
To strengthen and deepen research and practice in relation to civil society and the not-for-profit sector in Australia and New Zealand by creating a vibrant, engaged and diverse network of third sector researchers .