Third Sector Review is seeking a new editor (or editorial team) to continue the development of the Journal.
In the past two years, the Journal has moved online, and publishes at least two issues per year, including special issues linked to the ANZTSR Conference and other topics. Recent special issues include Volunteering as a subject for research (23:1), and an ANZTSR 2016 Conference issue (23:2). Forthcoming special issues already in the pipeline are on the Giving Australia 2016 Report, and Microfinance: a magic bullet for poverty alleviation and empowerment? A general issue is currently being published.
The role of Editor involves:
- Promoting the Journal and encouraging
- Leading the development and growth of the
- Receiving and processing manuscripts, finding appropriate reviewers (normally two per manuscript), following up on reviews, making decisions on acceptance and rejection, and liaising with authors and reviewers regarding revisions.
- Oversight of special issues where guest editors lead the management of manuscripts.
- Working with the copy-editor and type-setter to prepare each issue, and liaising with Informit who host the electronic copy of the
- Editors are members of the ANZTSR Board and are expected to attend regular committee meetings and participate in the strategic development of the Association. (Meetings are typically hosted in Sydney and can be attended electronically for those outside the area).
- This is a voluntary role, and there is no
The following criteria are essential:
- A PhD or
- A track record of publications in international peer-reviewed
- A good understanding of the third sector in Australasia, and networks within the academic
- Some experience in editing academic journals, special issues, or books with multiple authorship would be
We anticipate the new editor(s) will be in place by late 2018, to allow for a hand- over period.
Please feel free to discuss the position further in confidence with either of the current editors. Please contact Professor Carolyn Cordery (email@example.com) and Professor Karen Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss by email or Skype.
Third Sector Review has previously been managed by a team of two editors, and we encourage joint applications.
The application is by covering letter and CV to the ANZTSR Chair, Dr José Sakakibara, email@example.com
Closing date: 20 July 2018.